Mountaineers and managers have more in common than the urge to get to the top. Accompanied by spectacular images, Helga Hengge draws astounding parallels.
Leading and motivating teams; responding with flexibility to external forces without losing sight of the goal; coping with set-backs and sometimes starting from scratch; assessing risks, managing resources, and planning projects meticulously - the challenges managers and economic strategists are facing are surprisingly similar to those of mountaineers.
Wirtschaftswoche (Germany’s premier business magazine)
In her presentation Mastering Challenges Helga Hengge combines adventure, drama, failure and success - and the lessons learnt from one of the world's greatest challenges-Mount Everest.
- Mount Everest - the adventure of thinking big
- Skills und Willingness
- Team - respect, trust and partnership
- The route with four high camps
- Climb high, sleep low-managing resources
- Dealing with setbacks without losing sight of the goal
- 7 weeks into thin air and nowhere near the summit
- Pushing boundaries and critical self-assessment
- Getting to the top
Duration of presentation
45 – 90 minutes with discussion/ Q&A upon request
Helga’s presentation Mastering Challenges is illustrated with spectacular photographs from her ascent. The presentation can be customised in content and emphasis to fit client’s brief.
Corporate gift: Mount Everest - Only the Sky Above by Helga Hengge. Autographed copies available.